Sat, 23 October 2010 at 2:15 pm
Katy Perry & Russell Brand's Wedding Details!
“Russell Brand and Katy Perry are overjoyed to confirm that they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Brand on Saturday, October 23,” says their reps.
“The very private and spiritual ceremony, attended by the couple’s closest family and friends was performed by a Christian minister and longtime friend of the Hudson Family. The backdrop was the inspirational and majestic countryside of Northern India,” adds the statement.
– Both Russell, 35, and Katy wore traditional Indian clothes. The pop star, who turns 26 on Monday (October 25), and other female guests wore saris.
– More than 20 camels, elephants, horses, Indian dancers and musicians walked with Russell in his wedding procession.
– Like a typical Indian bride, Katy got henna tattoos on her palms and hands during a Bollywood-themed party on Friday.
– The sound of instruments, such as the sitar, the santoor, the tabla, and kettle drums, and even a sacred Vedic chanting, could be heard coming from the wedding.
– The resort was decorated with lamps and colorful lights illuminated the trees. http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/10/23/katy-perry-russell-brands-wedding-details/